|2014-2015 à 2015-2016||Stagiaire postdoctoral-e, Éthique fondamentale|
Participations aux événements du CRÉ
|15 mai 2017||Attitudes, Rationality, and Concepts|
|26 mai 2016||Les visages du désaccord / Faces of Disagreement|
|30 avril 2015||Normativité et métaéthique|
|28 avril 2015||Émotions et raisons|
|17 octobre 2014||Hichem Naar (CRÉ)|
Before coming to CRÉ, I was a postdoctoral research fellow at the Swiss Center for Affective Sciences and the University of Geneva, and a member of the THUMOS Research Group. I completed a PhD in philosophy at the University of Manchester, where above all I had the chance to work with (and get to know) Peter Goldie. I was also supervised by Michael Scott and Joel Smith. My thesis was primarily a sustained defence of the psychological category of sentiments, defined as irreducible dispositions to experience occurrent emotions.
My main research interests are in philosophy of mind, metaethics, and moral psychology, all pursued with a sensitivity to broadly methodological and metaphysical issues.
During my stay at the CRÉ, I will work on the relationship between various affective attitudes, particularly sentiments and emotions, and reasons.
You can see my CV by clicking here.
- Under Contract. The Ontology of Emotions. Cambridge University Press (edited with Fabrice
Articles and book chapters
- 2013. “A Dispositional Theory of Love”, Pacific Philosophical Quarterly, 94, 3, 342-357
- 2012. “Side-Effect Effect Without Side Effect: The Pervasive Impact of Moral Considerations on Judgments of Intentionality”, Philosophical Psychology, 25, 6, 837-854 (with Florian Cova)
- 2012. “Testing Sripada’s Deep Self Model”, Philosophical Psychology, 25, 5, 647-659 (with Florian Cova)
- 2011. “Le nativisme moral”, in Masala, A. & Ravat, J. (eds.), La Morale Humaine et les Sciences, Editions Matériologiques
- 2013. “Art and Emotion”, Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy (13000 words)
- 2012. « Review of Daniel Haybron, The Pursuit of Unhappiness », Philosophical Psychology, 25, 2, 307-310
- 2011. « Review of Ronald de Sousa, Emotional Truth », Metapsychology Online Reviews, 15, 25