|2013-2014 à aujourd'hui||Chercheur-e associé-e, Éthique et environnement|
Jeremy Schmidt is Assistant Professor of Geography at Durham University. In 2015, he received the SSHRC Impact Award for his work on water governance, ethics, and policy. He was previously a post-doctoral fellow in social anthropology at Dalhousie University and Harvard University. His PhD (Geography) was conferred by Western University, where he held a Trudeau Scholarship.
In addition to his research, Jeremy is a collaborator on the SSHRC Partnership Grant: Economics for the Anthropocene. He is the series editor for Global Challenges in Water Governance, a collection of 12 books to be published by Palgrave over the next 5 years. He is also a member of the Future Earth working group on Water Ethics, and of the ethics and environment group at CREUM: the Centre de Recherche en Éthics de l’Université de Montréal. In 2016 he was an invited participant to the UN Dialogue on Earth Jurisprudence. His policy recommendations on issues of justice and First Nations water rights have been tabled and debated in Alberta’s legislative assembly.
Professor Schmidt has a small research website/blog where a full list of his publications as well as contact details can be found: www.jeremyjschmidt.com
- 2013. Schmidt, Jeremy J. and Dan Shrubsole. Modern water ethics: implications for shared governance. Environmental Values 22(3): 359-379.
- 2013. Schmidt, Jeremy J. Integrating water management in the Anthropocene. Society and Natural Resources 26(1): 105-112.
- 2013. Groenfeldt, David and Jeremy J. Schmidt. Ethics and water governance. Ecology and Society 18(1): 14. [Open URL] http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol18/iss1/art14/
- 2012. Schmidt, Jeremy J. “Scarce or insecure? The right to water and the ethics of global water governance.” In, The right to water: politics, governance and social struggles, F. Sultana and A. Loftus (Eds). London: Routledge. Pp. 94-109.
- Brown, Peter G. and Jeremy J. Schmidt (Eds). Water ethics: foundational readings for students and professionals, Washington: Island Press.